Monday, December 19, 2011

Post em inglês: I am from Mars

Hi friends,

Today I am going to write a post in English. After all, I am an English teacher, and I want to help you practice reading English. So, have fun reading this and tell me if you have any problems with the grammar or vocabulary.



Many people do not know this, but I am really from Mars. Yes, it's true. I am from the red planet. My parents were born on planet earth, but they moved to Mars before I was born. I am really a citizen of Mars.  I received a visa to travel to planet Earth, and another visa to travel to the United States. In the United States, your visa is called your "green card." I think that is really strange, because as you know all people from Mars have green skin! We have green skin because the air on our planet is very different from the air on planet Earth. The air on Mars is a lot cleaner because we do not have all of the pollution you have here on Earth, but the air does make our skin green. When people in the United States see my green skin, they ask me where I tan. I tell them that I spend a lot of time on the beaches of Florida.

visa = visto
Mars = Marte
citizen = cidadão
tan = bronzear-se

No comments:

Post a Comment